Each person has a different capacity to handle stress that varies over time and life events. Stress can be an underlying factor behind a myriad of health conditions and can present itself in many different ways.
The stress response of fight, flight or freeze is a natural evolutionary body response.
You might not consider yourself as stressed but be aware that all stresses are additive, cumulative and form a ripple effect.
That is, the number of stresses, whether or not you recognize them as stresses, the intensity of each stress and the frequency with which they occur plus the length of time they are present all combine to form your Total Stress Load.
Possible Stress Symptoms
- Low energy
- Difficulty falling asleep / staying asleep / getting up in the morning
- Mood changes
- Lack of enjoyment of life
- Thoughts less focused / absentminded
- Decreased tolerance / decreased ability to handle life situations
- Hormonal and thyroid imbalances
- Weight gain
- Digestive difficulties or weakened immune system
At Compass Natural Health we offer a treatment plan tailored specifically for you, to reduce the effects of stress and help you manage life’s challenges.